Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wadestiell
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to migrate assigned user CALS

Hi.

I recently performed a migration of a QV10 server from a Windows Server 2003 machine to a new Windows Server 2008 machine.  The QVPR was migrated and I made all other necessary configuration changes manually through the QEMC.  All seems to work as expected except for assigned user CALs.  All of the assigned doc CAL information appears to have been migrated but there are no assigned user CALs listed under the Assigned CALs in QEMC although there are 500 user CALs in the server license.  Does anyone know what steps need to be taken (files to migrate etc.) to get the assigned user CAL information over to the new server?

Thanks,

Wade

4 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Wade,

I have just tested this and it appears to work. However, you have to be using the Same License Number and can't be using the local directory.

Go to your old server and look in C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer in 2008 server. Copy all the PGO files and the Full.dat. Shutdown the server (can't use license on two servers).

On new server license QVS and once it is license stop QlikView server. Now copy the above saved files to C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer and then look in the Root Folder and replace the PGO files that are their (should be only a couple). Restart the QlikView server and then check the licensing in the QEMC.

This should work, but if it doesn't you have only lost a little time. If it does you have saved a lot of time.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
wadestiell
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for your reply Bill.

We are not using the same license number.  We are using a separate license number in order to keep the original server running in parallel.  Is there another method that would work for this scenario?

Wade

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

No, there isn't that I know of.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
wadestiell
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Bill,

thanks again for your reply.

Regards,

Wade