Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Update data in QlikView documents in regular intervals

Hi,

I am to be responsible for a QlikView rollout in my company. There is quite a number of QlikView documents still to be created which will be used by the employees - needless to say, it is crucial they get to work with updated data whenever they open a QlikView document. Currently, when I locally open one document I'm working on, I have to reload the script manually and it takes quite a while - that is in part because of our IT infrastructure, I guess, but that does not change the fact that I cannot have everyone first reload the script every time they want to view their QlikView documents.

I know there is some setting to regularly reload the script (document settings), but I don't know if that works even when the document is closed?

Thanks for clarification!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

2 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

I would start by contacting your account manager and arrange for training on the Server and Publisher products. You can do reloads with either of the products with Publisher giving you far better options.

You can try to get some free training here. System Management Overview is the one that I think will help you the most with your question.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Bill,

good idea - but we don't have the Publisher yet, nor do we have a proper Server - we're fiddling around with the SBE server currently. There is a task for the reload of one document at the very basis of our QV architecture I know, that principle should work for my currently-worked-on document as well, but

- even with the proper training, I wouldn't be allowed to create tasks on the server and

- I'm not at all sure whether our server can handle tasks for every individual QlikView document...

Well, I guess I can deduct from your answer that the document-internal updating routine works only when the document is open at the set time? In that case we're going to have to find a solution for this.

Thanks anyway!

Best regards,

DataNibbler