Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Emmanuel_DORR
Partner - Contributor III

Upgrade Qlikview and NPrinting

Hello Qlik users!

i need to plan 2 upgrades Qlikview and NPrinting for my customer :

- Qlikview 12.30 (Novembre 2018) to Qlikview 12.60 (May 2021) 

- NPrinting 19.00.30 (February 2019) to May 2021

I'm trying to define the most suitable upgrade strategy.

First, can Qlikview be migrated directly from 12.30 to 12.60? Is it necessary to go through an intermediate version ?

Same question for NPrinting ? Is there a particular restriction to know ?

Thanks a lot!

Emmanuel

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @Emmanuel_DORR,

Yes it's definitely possible to upgrade QlikView 12.30 directly to 12.60.  Qlik has quite a bit of documentation around upgrading QlikView.  Below are some items I was able to locate rather quickly:

Also since you're going to upgrading 3 major release versions, you're going to want to go over all of the release notes for each release and service release to check for changes to the product and functionality.  You'll need to perform extensive testing of the system architecture and its underlying storage as well. Test the apps in the newer release version for both QlikView Desktop and QlikView Server.

For NPrinting upgrade, start with the two below links from the Qlik NPrinting Help:

Again, reviewing the version release notes and sufficient testing in the newer versions will be key to a successful upgrade.  Suggest that you also reach out to your account team as they may have some additional resources they can share. 

Hope this helps!

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @Emmanuel_DORR,

Yes it's definitely possible to upgrade QlikView 12.30 directly to 12.60.  Qlik has quite a bit of documentation around upgrading QlikView.  Below are some items I was able to locate rather quickly:

Also since you're going to upgrading 3 major release versions, you're going to want to go over all of the release notes for each release and service release to check for changes to the product and functionality.  You'll need to perform extensive testing of the system architecture and its underlying storage as well. Test the apps in the newer release version for both QlikView Desktop and QlikView Server.

For NPrinting upgrade, start with the two below links from the Qlik NPrinting Help:

Again, reviewing the version release notes and sufficient testing in the newer versions will be key to a successful upgrade.  Suggest that you also reach out to your account team as they may have some additional resources they can share. 

Hope this helps!

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
Emmanuel_DORR
Author

Thank you for your reply!!

I have another question on NPrinting On-demand which is currently used in the April 2019 version (19.9.5.0).
If we upgrade Qlikview to the May 2021 version (12.60) and NPrinting to the May 2021,
is it necessary to upgrade Qlik NPrinting On-demand to the last version in the same time ?

If yes, in my upgrade strategy i would like to upgrade it just after the Qlikview upgrade. Does it make sense ?
Do i need to uninstalled the previous version of the Add-On and installed the new one ? Or the installation will proceed automatically to the upgrade ?

Thanks,

Emmanuel

Emmanuel_DORR
Author

Thank you for your reply!!

I have another question on NPrinting On-demand which is currently used in the April 2019 version (19.9.5.0).
If we upgrade Qlikview to the May 2021 version (12.60) and NPrinting to the May 2021,
is it necessary to upgrade Qlik NPrinting On-demand to the last version in the same time ?

If yes, in my upgrade strategy i would like to upgrade it just after the Qlikview upgrade. Does it make sense ?
Do i need to uninstalled the previous version of the Add-On and installed the new one ? Or the installation will proceed automatically to the upgrade ?

Thanks,

Emmanuel