cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alberto_G_N
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Upgrading a Clonate Qlikview Server

Recently on a Customer, they need clonate the QlikView Server to upgrade the Windows version.

At the same time, we must to Upgrade de Qlikview Server in the clonate machina to the last version.

I think that we could have problems with the license in two machines,

What should i do to prepare the upgrade correctly?

Whats problems will have?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@Alberto_G_N

You can use the same license as long as the servers are not running at the same time. Here is a link to the help that explains how to upgrade and move to a different machine.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/May2022/Subsystems/Server/Content/QV_Server/QlikView-Server/QVS...

I will move this post to the QlikView board instead

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@Alberto_G_N

You can use the same license as long as the servers are not running at the same time. Here is a link to the help that explains how to upgrade and move to a different machine.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/May2022/Subsystems/Server/Content/QV_Server/QlikView-Server/QVS...

I will move this post to the QlikView board instead

Alberto_G_N
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Sorry but i saw this topic before and it not ressolve my question.

The customer is going to clonate the server, if they clonate the server, the installation and all the files are the same and are instaled, i only need to  upgrade the version, i think that previous the clonation, i need to do something, per example, turn off the license in the old server? o something like that, this solution or topic won't work because don't tell me when i need to turn off and is the same machine clonated.

Regards

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

Alberto_G_N

There are no issues having the same license as long as you don't run them at the same time. So before you start up the new server you have to shut down the old one. I mentioned this in my last post.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

If you are going to clone a machine and run it on your network, the issue wouldn't be with Qlik software you are going to run into other issues, like DNS registration, AD issue with both machines having the same SID etc.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.