Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rehan
Creator III
Creator III

Usage Data Log Issue on Qlikview Server

We have upgraded  from QV Server (Nov 2017) to QV Server (Nov 2018). I am good with all the logs but not getting the logs for usage after upgrade.  We are using windows 2016 Server

What am I missing here ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Rehan
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Nov 2018 server version adds a new column "session id" to  the logs which messes up the log entries into all  the columns. Changed the split files options in QMC to "Daily" and that fixed the issue

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hello @Rehan,

I'm not certain what you mean by "logs for usage". Are you referring to the QlikView Server logs - Events/Performance/Sessions?

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
Rehan
Creator III
Creator III
Author

What I meant is who used the App. 

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello Rehan,

I think what we'd need to know is what log file that you are missing. Or is it data inside a log file that is not being recorded any more? 

I've collected some articles that might help you with this.

/Sonja

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂
Rehan
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I can see the logs being recorded every day, just  that Governance Dashboard  is  not picking it up

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You may need to get an updated version of the Governance Dashboard.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Rehan
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I just downloaded the latest version of GD , loaded it and the same thing

Josh_Berg_Support

Are you sure you have the file paths to your Qlikview logs set correctly in Governance Dashboard?  What version of Governance Dashboard are you using?  Have you tried moving some of your logs to a local folder on the server and pointing Governance Dashboard to that location?  What happens when you try to reload Governance Dashboard, do you get an error, if so, what is the error?

Thanks,
Josh

Qlik Support

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Rehan
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Nov 2018 server version adds a new column "session id" to  the logs which messes up the log entries into all  the columns. Changed the split files options in QMC to "Daily" and that fixed the issue