Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nsm1234567
Creator II
Creator II

User-created sheets visible to all users after upgrade to May 2021

Hi there,

We've run into a strange issue after upgrading Qlikview to May 2021.  We allow some of our users to create server objects, and so in some of our apps we have a lot of user-created sheets and objects.  

After upgrading Qlikview to May 2021, sheets created by users are now visible to ALL users as shown in screenshot below.  All of the sheets are completely blank, so don't contain the objects that the users created for them.  The user that created the sheet still sees the objects.  It seems as though something has been flagged to make all of these sheets visible to all?  I can't tell what that is though.  I ran a repair on the TSHARED file but this hasn't resolved the issue.

Has anyone come across this after upgrading?  Is there a workaround?  I used PowerTools to poke around in the shared file but nothing seems obviously wrong.

nsm1234567_0-1627384603590.png

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

There is a couple of things you can try.

1.  Create a copy of the QVW and publish it, to see if you still see all the sheets. If you don't the issue is with the .share file.
  2.  Clean the .share file and see if that fixes the issue. If not you will have to delete the .share file.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

There is a couple of things you can try.

1.  Create a copy of the QVW and publish it, to see if you still see all the sheets. If you don't the issue is with the .share file.
  2.  Clean the .share file and see if that fixes the issue. If not you will have to delete the .share file.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.