Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Users->User Management shows ""Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Hi folks,

I've newly installed QV 11 SR2 on two machines. One having the QVS (fronted by IIS) only and the other the rest of the services.

(From the beginning I had the QVS too on the same machine as the publisher but it is closed down now.That is why there is a warning in the caption of the screenshot attached)

Things works as expected but when looking into the QMC->Users->User Management and searching on one or several users I get an error-message saying "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

The  first sub-tab CALs never shows any data but the other sub-tabs (Server Objects, Groups, Documents and Distribution) all shows expected data.

What´s wrong?

/Andy

user_manegement_object_reference.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@nihalbuddy09  the previous posts are over 8 and 4 years old respectively so suggest you start a new thread and be sure to provide the full build version of QVS (i.e. 12.50.20300) and the exact steps you're taking in the QMC which results in the "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" message.

Typically "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" is returned when there is a discrepancy within the QVPR.  If the issue occurred recently and was working without a problem until then, suggest that you perform a QVPR restore as described in Qlik Support article How To: Restore the QVPR From Backup or Recreate the QVPR 

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
bird2920
Contributor
Contributor

I am seeing the same thing happen.

QlikView_ObjectError.png

nihalbuddy09
Creator II
Creator II

Hi All,

I am facing the same issue and unable to find the resolution. 

Please help me on this. 

Thanks,

Nihal

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@nihalbuddy09  the previous posts are over 8 and 4 years old respectively so suggest you start a new thread and be sure to provide the full build version of QVS (i.e. 12.50.20300) and the exact steps you're taking in the QMC which results in the "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" message.

Typically "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" is returned when there is a discrepancy within the QVPR.  If the issue occurred recently and was working without a problem until then, suggest that you perform a QVPR restore as described in Qlik Support article How To: Restore the QVPR From Backup or Recreate the QVPR 

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
nihalbuddy09
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Matejowsky,

Thank you for your reply, as advised will raise a new thread with complete information. 

Regards,

Nihal