Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Using Active Directory and substructures (organisation units)

Hello,

our QliKView Server is a member of our domain and this domain is set in qv servers preferences. Now it is possible to login with a domain members name and password. so far so good.

BUT! It is not possible to see qv applications that have an authentication to a domain group. Example: Domain Group A (domain\Group A) can access application A. Domain user A is Member of Group A. If i set authentication settings of application A to Domain user A, it can be accessed by this user. If i set the settings to Domain Group A the user cannot see this application, although it is member of this group.

Our Settings:

1) LDAP://DC=domain,DC=sys

2) LDAP://DC=domain,DC=sys,OU=Software,OU=Groups

The Domain group A, i was talking about, is located under domain.sys/Software/Groups in our domain structure.

In my qlikview server lesson i learned that substructures in domain have to be set explicitally. What's wrong? QlikVIews manual does not help...

Please help.

Greetings,
Frederik

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

c:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DirectoryServiceConnector\Log\

Log files say:

08.07.2010 14:02:46.9935018 Warning Resolving groups caused an exception ?!?

lhr
Employee
Employee

what version of qv are you running? i assume you are in dms mode. could you also post a bit more of the dsc log? especially any other errors and the initialization part is of interest.