Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlik_Maestro
Contributor III
Contributor III

Using Local System Account or Network Service Account for QlikView Services

Hello all,

Posting this question in the community as well due to urgency on our end.

We have an issue on our QV server where the QVS service wont run properly under our designated domain service account. However, the service will run properly when set to Local System account or Network Service account. Were hoping this is a viable solution.

I was wondering if there were any issues with using Local System or Network Service account to run QVS service? As in are there possible security issues? Also, will there be compatibility issues with NPrinting?

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The underlying issue with the domain service account should be resolved in this case, as you may very well run into problems using the Local System or Network Service, in particular if you have a multi-node deployment, if things are on a single server, it may work provided you do not need to access network resources/file shares etc.  This is NOT something I would recommend doing in production or test for that matter.  The correct answer is to get the security team involved to determine what Security Policies are attached to the service account you have been provided that are preventing things from running properly and get those adjusted so the account will work properly.  Another option would be to create a local account on the server, add it to the local administrators security group and the QlikView administrators security group, but again, if you have network resources you need to access, that is not going to be a viable solution, as a local account will not have access to anything on the network, only the local server.  

Here is an Article link with some further information:

QlikView Service Account requirements 

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The underlying issue with the domain service account should be resolved in this case, as you may very well run into problems using the Local System or Network Service, in particular if you have a multi-node deployment, if things are on a single server, it may work provided you do not need to access network resources/file shares etc.  This is NOT something I would recommend doing in production or test for that matter.  The correct answer is to get the security team involved to determine what Security Policies are attached to the service account you have been provided that are preventing things from running properly and get those adjusted so the account will work properly.  Another option would be to create a local account on the server, add it to the local administrators security group and the QlikView administrators security group, but again, if you have network resources you need to access, that is not going to be a viable solution, as a local account will not have access to anything on the network, only the local server.  

Here is an Article link with some further information:

QlikView Service Account requirements 

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.