Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
X314
Contributor II
Contributor II

Using personal ecition, got a new computer

Hi,

I have been using QlikView personal edition and created a quite strong and detailed reporting regime for my data. 

Now I got a new computer and I realize that I cannot open my files as they have been created on a different computer...

Is there anything I can do to work around this restriction? I still have access to my old computer and the setup there, but it would take me weeks to copy all scripts and recreate all objects etc.

Best regards 

Espen

15 Replies
X314
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Tried to clone the old disk and running it on my new computer. It didn't change the problem. I will try to do another attempt to run the recovery again....

Maybe QlikView are comparing some hardware spec that is different. 

Yes, same OS, Windows 10, exactly the same version 10.0.18363 

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@X314

I do think that we look at the hardware to determine the "lock", not just the disk. You can try to turn on logging and see if it says anything. But it does sound like the file is locked.

If so, you need a licensed version of QlikView Desktop to unlock it

But this happens to all you documents so it sounds odd

Turn o n logging

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/How-to-enable-Extended-Error-logging-in-QlikView-Desktop-or/...

Also, just a sanity check, you are checking the checkbox, yes I want to continue, and then continue? See article (for different error but it applies here too)

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/quot-Personal-edition-key-file-is-missing-or-corrupt-quot-wh...

You don't have to do the script part, I just wanted to make sure that you use the right option

X314
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

@Maria_Halley 
Thank you for all your assistance, I did try to turn on the logging, could not find the log file in my Documents folder.

At the same time I have had multiple discussions with our IT guy, and I also contacted a QlikView developer team in Oslo, and we've decided to stay on the old computer for a week or two and then buy a Qlik Sense Saas license or two.

Have a nice weekend.

Best regards
Espen

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@X314 

Thank you for letting us know! 

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Have you found a solution for your issue? If not send me a message and if you have please update the question.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
X314
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Bill,

No I gave up.

I have started the process of migrating all my files to Qlik Sense Saas. 

Best regards

Espen