Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Using x86 ODBC drivers in QlikView 9 Server x64

In version 8.5 QlikView Server and QlikView Publisher Standard Edition were two separate applications, this is changed in the latest QlikView release (9).
For a client we are loading data from a data source that only offers 32-bits (x86) connectivity through a ODBC driver. Unfortunately there is no 64-bits driver available for this data source. At this moment we are using the x86 version of QV Publisher SE 8.5 and the x64 version of QV Server 8.5 together on a 64-bits operating system to perform all necesary reloads and provide all users access to all QlikView documents through the ActiveX web plugin. The 64-bits operating system and QV sever are necesary to get the required performance, without having to deal with the memory-limit of 32-bits operating systems.

This works perfect but we still would like to upgrade to QV 9 because QV 9 offers serveral new functions that are very interesting and we really need those..

Is there a possibility to perform a reload using a 32-bits ODBC driver on QlikView Server 9 x64? Or is it possbile to install QV Server x64 to provide access to QV documents and QV Server x86 to reload several document on the same system and OS?

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mark,

were you able to successfully do this? I am under the same boat. Running 64 bit OS but my datasource can run 32 bit ODBC. I originally installed 64 bit QVS with typical settings (distribution on x64). That didn't work. I then modified the installation thru add/remove and then removed the x64 and just added the x86. It installed fine but it still didn't work with my qvw that is calling a 32 bit dsn.

Emerson

Not applicable
Author

Hello Emerson,

First of all sorry for my late reply. My experience is that when you use the x86 distribution service you can reload QlikView documents in 32 bits using 32 bits ODBC drivers. You should make sure that these drivers and connections are really installed correctly, don't use the x64 ODBC manager in Windows, but use the x86 version (google how to start this one). QlikView documents will be provided in x64 modus (with all advantages) and reloaded in x86 modus (with a 2.5/3 GB memory limit). Good luck!

Kind regards,

Mark

Not applicable
Author

i have a 64 bit machine.I have QV 9.I dnt have any option for force 32bit.I can't make ODBC RO OLEDB CONNECTIONS because my machine is 64 bit.Help me out to get fix this problem.how to download and install the force 32 bit for 64 bit machine .