Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Warning QVGeneral: MetaService - HasAccess: Empty User has found. Access deny into document

Recently we upgraded our server to QV12SR2. When I check out QVS Event log, I notice that there are many warnings with the message below:

"Warning    QVGeneral: MetaService - HasAccess: Empty User has found. Access deny into document <Path to QVW>"

Anyone have any idea what is this warning about? We don't have this before the upgrade.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hello,

Typically this warning refers to an event where an unauthorized user attempts to open a QVW file from the AccessPoint.

Hope this helps,

Chip

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

Josh_Berg_Support

This error refers to an unauthenticated or unauthorized user trying to get access to a Qlikview document from the Accesspoint.  The line should look something like this:

500 Warning System: MetaService - HasAccess: Empty User has found. Access deny into document Sandbox\TEST.qvw

QVWS wasn't able to authenticate the user (basically prove they say who they say they are) which denied them access to the document they were trying to access, in the above exmaple, TEST.QVW.  I would take a look at your QVWS settings in the QMC under QMC > System > Setup > expand QVWS > Authentication, it should be set to Always, this will keep unauthenticated users (anonymous) users from being able to access your Accesspoint and QVWs.  It would also be a good idea to check with your users to make sure everyone is accessing QVWs through the Accesspoint and not using a link directly to the QVW which may bypass the authentication portion of getting access to the document.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Josh

Qlik Support

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

14 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I recommend contacting Qlik Support for explanation of this message.

-Rob

elizabethward
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello - did you ever find out what this warning message meant?  I'm currently seeing it in  QV12.1 SR4

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hello,

Typically this warning refers to an event where an unauthorized user attempts to open a QVW file from the AccessPoint.

Hope this helps,

Chip

elizabethward
Contributor III
Contributor III

Thank you, but is there a way to find out what the user's name is?

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

If the QlikView Server Events log is set to High Verbosity, it should log the user who attempted to access the QVW.

elizabethward
Contributor III
Contributor III

I attached the log to the case. I don't see a user name, do you? The message is confusing because of the wording. "Empty User has found"..?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Khim,

We have the same error

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

!how do I see the High Verbosity settings in QVW, if it is configured?

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

The log entries would be in the QlikView Server Events log.