Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roelvyvey
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Webintegration: Reusing ticket session when switching pages

Dear all,

Our Qlikview application is integrated into a portal through document integration and ticket authentication. 

When switching between pages in our webpage however the selections get cleared. This is a logical consequence of using new web tickets each time. I read on this forum that someone found a solution to keep the same session going across pages. 

The following should be the outcome:

• User logs in gets a ticket sees the document.
  • Users switches page in the browser.
  • Users comes back
  • Selections should be there

How would this be accomplished?

Kr,

Roel

2 Replies
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Could this be related to Session Recovery? Session Recovery is a function in QlikView in which a "session recovery / last state" bookmark is created upon Session Close, and then reused the next time the user opens a new session. There's some information about this here

Though your particular need may not be served by this, as you may be using a more customized solution. 

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The only other thing of which came to mind along with Sonja's comments is a trigger in the app you are calling that is doing a Clear All or something along those lines, so I would say that is another area worth checking here.  As long as the users are not getting redirected to the login site, the AccessPointSessionCookie seems to be working here in that their session is being maintained, so this should have something to do with triggers or potentially what Sonja mentioned.  I cannot think of anything else off the top of my head that would behave this way.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.