Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

What affects the application saving time?

There is an application about 70 MB (compressed).  If I open and save it in QV Desktop, the saving process takes about 40 sec.  An updated version of this application (just some front end changes) takes four minutes to save.

In both cases application is opened (and saved) on a tab that has nothing but one list box.  I don’t expect any calculations at all.  Both applications are compressed (high).  Speaking of compression – I tried to save the “slow” version without compression, usually it helps to reduce save and open time.  Surprisingly, the saving time was almost the same, maybe only 15-20 sec faster.

Any ideas what may affect saving time?

Thank you,

Michael

15 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I have a 4GB datamodel which takes over 30 minutes to save everytime i make some design changes. I cannot figure out what the problem is, cause i do not have some complex expressions. Only large data (around 100 mil).

The ram usuage is fine - i have over 15 GB free. But it takes up all my CPU when saving.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thomas,

It is natural that the large file takes long time to save.  My situation is quite different - the problem is in the front end.  If I remove the charts but keep the data, saving takes short time.

Regards,

Michael

Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael,

Try to increase your CPU virtual memory size,

My Computer ->then right click -> Properties -> Advanced- > Performance -> Settings(Press) -> Advanced(Tab) -> Change->Custom Size .

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Raja, but it is not relevant in my case.  Virtual memory may speedup charts calculations - but they should not be calculated on save, especially if they are on the inactive tabs.

And the computer has enough RAM already, so adding virtual memory doesn't make any difference.

Thanks anyway,

Michael

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Michael...

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Michael, very useful post, you have solved a big problem for me!