Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sgiacoponello
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

What does this error message mean: 'Server failed to set license... license key not applicable for this product'

Helping a client upgrade to a new server but received an error message when trying to reinstall the QlikView license on the upgraded server: 

'Server failed to set license... license key not applicable for this product'

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@sgiacoponello,

If you need direct assistance, then you'll need to contact Customer Support directly. You can create a case or use the Chat option.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @sgiacoponello,

Which product are you attempting to license - QlikView Server or QlikView Desktop? Use the Manual LEF Checker to see the license type you are using. In the LEF, check the number at the end PRODUCTLEVEL entry for and refer to article Qlik LEF Product Levels and Product Descriptions for which product the license is for.  

I suspect you're trying to use a QlikView Server license to license QlikView Desktop.  If so, you'd need to have a QV Desktop license or use License Lease in order to properly license QV Desktop.  Let us know.

Best Regards

sgiacoponello
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

The client has QlikView Server. 

I used the Manual LEF Checker but the LEF was different than what had appeared in the LEF box before the error. Should we reattempt with this new LEF info?  

Thanks

sgiacoponello
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

I checked the LEF info and this is for QlikView Server. I see the LEF info has changed. Would the Control number have changed as well? How do I confirm the control number for the license? Thanks

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

So that is definitely a QlikView Server license.  What build version of QlikView Server did you install? With that LEF, you can license versions up through May 2020. If you attempt to license an installation of May 2021, it would likely fail, as the license cannot be applied to a version of the product which was released after the expiration date was reached.  This is described in article How to check Product Support/Maintenance Contract End date (Legacy LEF license)

Best Regards

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

No, the Control Number would not change.  If you have the Control Number, then it should work.  If you need to look up the Control Number, see article How to request a control number and LEF

Best Regards

sgiacoponello
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks, Chip - 

I logged into the support portal to confirm the control number but I don’t know our account name. How would I find out our account name?

Thanks

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@sgiacoponello,

If you need direct assistance, then you'll need to contact Customer Support directly. You can create a case or use the Chat option.

Best Regards

sgiacoponello
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks, Chip-  I have submitted a support ticket for direct assistance.