Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jasonseril
Creator
Creator

When will the documents start to unload?

Hello All,

The image below shows the QlikView Server memory allocation.

memory_alloc.PNG

My question is with the "Documents start unload"; after the "All sessions timed out", what time or when will the documents start to unload?  How many minutes or seconds after all the sessions timed out?  Where can we set this time in the QMC?

Thanks in advance and more power!

Best regards,

Jason

14 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

AFAIK, you can set the document timeout on QMC -> System -> YourQV-Server -> Documents -> Document timeout

Documents

On the Documents tab, the settings for document control can be managed.

ServerDocument TimeoutOpen documents take up valuable system resources (that is, memory space, RAM, is allocated) and should not be allowed to remain open when not in use. However, if a document is closed too quickly, the users may get longer delay times when accessing the document, because the server has to reopen it. This value controls for how long a document will be allowed to be unused before the QlikView Server (QVS) closes the document and reclaims the resources.

Default value: 480 minutes.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I do apologize for asking another question instead of trying to give you an answer. Where does this image come from?

Peter

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Don't you think there is something weird in this graph? "All sessions timed out"???

swuehl
MVP
MVP

The graph originates from

DS-Technical-Brief-QlikView-Server-Memory-Management-and-CPU-Utilization-EN.pdf

You can download this technical doc from  Qlik.com resources.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Don't you think there is something weird in this graph? "All sessions timed out"???

Can you detail the weirdness? Maybe I am missing something here?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Ok thanks, I'll do that in a minute.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If documents are memory-managed individually with a single global timeout (that's what the help text you posted seems to imply), then why is the first app thrown out sooner than the third app? Just bad scaling? Think so...

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough.

With sooner I meant "after a smaller delay" than the third app. I didn't mean to say that the first app shouln't be thrown out first.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

No sure if I understand your point.

Overall, the graph is just a sketch, not a precise documentation.

Apps seems to be loaded / unloaded in same sequence. Since we don't know the user interaction inbetween (i.e. when users stopped interacting with each application) I can't derive much from the graph with regard to the server setting (yes, I believe the setting is affecting all documents in the same way, but I think the timeout is evaluated per document) or if the unloading sequence is plausible or not.