Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Where are the QVDS files that appear in Access Point?

It's my first time using Qlikview server, want to publish an app that I developed in order to access it at Acces Point but do not know how. Also like to know how to create users NAMES CAL by management console or even create the QlikView.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

In the QlikView Management Console (QMC) - click help - and look for Documents in the TOC on the left. Here it will describe the difference between Source Documents and User Documents. Configuration may vary if you have Publisher installed. If you do not have Publisher you can mount folders in the QMC where you will copy your .QVWs to. Security via the NTFS operating system OR QlikView can be configured which can control access to these files.

Let us know how you make out.

This video may also help you:  QlikView Management Console walkthrough - YouTube

source.jpg

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Maria - allow me to try an help you. I have some information that can help clarify how this is done.

Do you have the Distribution Service also known as Publisher?

I will also move this discussion to the appropriate thread. Stand by as I located this information for you.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo

Senior Product Marketing Manager

Qlik

@mtarallo - follow me

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

In the QlikView Management Console (QMC) - click help - and look for Documents in the TOC on the left. Here it will describe the difference between Source Documents and User Documents. Configuration may vary if you have Publisher installed. If you do not have Publisher you can mount folders in the QMC where you will copy your .QVWs to. Security via the NTFS operating system OR QlikView can be configured which can control access to these files.

Let us know how you make out.

This video may also help you:  QlikView Management Console walkthrough - YouTube

source.jpg

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

In regards to User Names - these are created in your Windows Operating system interface. Depending on the number of CALs you have, these will automatically be used as each user logs in. Depending on how your security is setup in QlikView - NTFS or DMS - you would either use the Windows File Permissions interface or the QlikView Management Console to setup access permissions.

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik