Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Why certain actions do not execute in Ajax but do execute in other clients?

I noticed many times that some actions or even macros are executed in the desktop client but not in the web clients. Some others are executed in the desktop, in the IE Plugin but not in the Ajax client.

I am talking specially about the actions fired when the document is open.

I am experiencing this in the QV11 SR1.

Example #1: I have an action that sets the selection of the Year when the document is open. If there is no year selected, the action selects the current year. That does work in the Desktop client but It looks It is ignored in the Ajax or IE Plugin clients since nothing happens when a document is open through these clients.

Example #2: I have a macro fired when the document is opened that loops each sheet and chart in the document and restores it (for some specific need). That works in the desktop and IEPlugin clients but It is ignored in the Ajax client.

It seems clear to me that some clients have limitations in terms of what accepts or what is able to execute.

Is that a reason for that?

Where can I find those limitations documented so I can understand ways to make certain actions to work in any client.

1 Reply
manojkvrajan
Luminary
Luminary

You are correct. There is some macro limitations on the IE and AJAX clients and we should tweak or script from the scratch for each of these clients. However, I don't think there is any document guide for macros or action for each of these clients. I am interested to know it from QlikCommunity members.