Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
silambarasanm
Partner - Contributor III

Will it be a problem upgrading Qlikview 12.10 to April 2020 version ?

Dear All,

I have two questions.

One of our customer using Qlikview 12.10 version and SAP 6.5 connector.

Question 1:

We are planning to upgrade to Qlikview April 2020 latest version.

Shall i directly upgrade to Qlikview April 2020 version

or

Should I upgrade one by one version from 12.10 and reach the latest version ?

Question 2:

Should i upgrade the SAP 6.5 connector to latest one which supports Qlikview April 2020 ?

If so , please share the SAP connector version details and install procedure and steps which support for Qlikview April 2020.

Thanks in Advance.

Labels (1)
  • Other

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @silambarasanm,

You can directly upgrade from version 12.10 to 12.50 and don't have to first upgrade to any of the releases in between.  Moving 3 major release versions at one go is a big change, so adequate testing in your environment is key.  Also, be aware that v12.60 is slated for release in May.  Be sure that you have reviewed the QV v12.50 System Requirements so that your hardware are in compliance.  Qlik has compiled a QV upgrade guide which you should definitely use a reference for your upgrade. Be sure to read and understand all of the QV version Release Notes available from the Qlik download page, so that you understand the functionality differences between the versions.  Suggest that you utilize tools/utilities available from the Qlik Scalability site to load test your production environment before you go live.  You may also want to reach out to your Qlik account team if you find that you need additional assistance.

Regarding SAP 6.5 Connector, the Qlik SAP Connector online Help  has the information you need, I believe. The Qlik YouTube channel also has a video on installing the SAP Connector.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @silambarasanm,

You can directly upgrade from version 12.10 to 12.50 and don't have to first upgrade to any of the releases in between.  Moving 3 major release versions at one go is a big change, so adequate testing in your environment is key.  Also, be aware that v12.60 is slated for release in May.  Be sure that you have reviewed the QV v12.50 System Requirements so that your hardware are in compliance.  Qlik has compiled a QV upgrade guide which you should definitely use a reference for your upgrade. Be sure to read and understand all of the QV version Release Notes available from the Qlik download page, so that you understand the functionality differences between the versions.  Suggest that you utilize tools/utilities available from the Qlik Scalability site to load test your production environment before you go live.  You may also want to reach out to your Qlik account team if you find that you need additional assistance.

Regarding SAP 6.5 Connector, the Qlik SAP Connector online Help  has the information you need, I believe. The Qlik YouTube channel also has a video on installing the SAP Connector.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
silambarasanm
Author

Thank you.

I have one more doubt.

Let say, if I choose to upgrade any one of the below QlikView server version, what are all steps to be followed to pick up SAP connector and SAP transport.

1. QlikView  Server April 2020

or

2. QlikView Server November 2017

Should I download SAP connectors and SAP Transport  based on SAP system or QlikView server ? 

How to choose SAP connector and SAP Transport ?

Could you please tell me exactly which connector and transport version to download for QlikView November 2017 and QlikView April 2020?