Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

access point not accessible..help needed

Hello,

When I try to access the access point on localhost, I get an error message that the page cannot be found. I have checked the services and all qlikview services are running. Even the Qlikview webserver is running. Can someone please give some suggestions to fix this issue

Syed

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

If you are trying on the machine were your webserver is installed and you are using IIS, make sure in your binding that you have not assigned port 80 to an IP address. This will cause localhost to stop working.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi, please check in the internet explorer option that you have add as a secure page

add and try again

you have to check in the security tab in the internet explorer

good luck

Fernando

Not applicable
Author

Hi Fernando,

Thanks for the quick help. I have tried to add the localhost in trusted sites in the security settings. I am still getting the 404 error that says the page cannot be found

Syed

cgdonders
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Shed Shah,

Have you checked your firewall settings? Maybe port 4747 is blocking communications. Also check port 80 and 443. When 1st installation a reboot of qlikview server can also help.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Check your Qlikview Management Console

Then System

See all properties of Web Server are they correct? Does your DSC correct, other properties?

there could be something wrong we had once ...

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Localhost refers to the machine on which your browser is running. Is that the same machine as the one where QlikView Server has been installed?

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

If you are trying on the machine were your webserver is installed and you are using IIS, make sure in your binding that you have not assigned port 80 to an IP address. This will cause localhost to stop working.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
rob_greene
Contributor III
Contributor III

I have just had this  and it was the bindings in the IIS manager that has a few entries.  You just need the one that has port 80 for HTTP. Thanks for the clue.

Bindings.png