Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

anonymous client

If i open an Document in Firefox with the Ajax Plugin i always have to Login.

Alow anonymous is enable at the Server so i should be able to open the Document without it?

It works with IE8 but that maybe IE8 uses just my normal Windows Userdata to login.

Also i am not able to open the Document with a Ajax Methode.

Are there any other settings i have to change at the Qlikview server?

5 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Do you mean you are prompted for credentials when browsing to the Accesspoint using Firefox? If yes, that's all right. Internet Explorer has the possibility to pass your logon credentials on automatically to the server, so although you are being actually prompted the dialog with username and password never show up, because the authentication is done by the browser. That doesn't happen in Firefox, where you don't have a built-in method to pass those credentials to the Server.

Depending on the license you have in the Server, the only authentication method allowed is NTFS, and that makes sense since licenses are assigned to actual users in the Active Directory. Are you using DMS?

So two different things here:

• First: Authentication, that means you are able to get to the server and see the list of documents, because your user has permissions to list the documents.
  • Second: Authorization, that means you are able to open the document once you are in the Server Accesspoint, because you are using a Section Access piece in your script.

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable
Author

I have to use my Windows domain login to authentificate.

Is there a way to pass username + password in firefox or safari? (document will be used on the ipad)

Or to not have pass the login credentials at all?

At the moment NTFS is used.

What would be the advantage off DMS? (I can selected it so license shouldn't be the problem)

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

There's not as far as I know. Internet Explorer does it because it integrates with the operating system, something that neither Firefox nor Safari do. If you use AD, I don't see any advantage using DMS, since your security directory is managed by Windows.

As an idea that might work, IIS version 7 and higher (Win 7 and Win 2008 and higher) allow users to be identified by means of a certificate instead of user and password (Client Certificate Mapping Authentication here and here). So you can install QlikView to use IIS instead of its own QVWS, set the IIS to authenticate using user certificates and import those certificates in each user's iPad. This way our credentials will be passed on to the server without being prompted.

If you are not familiar with the above, or you don't have support from IT to create the required CA and user certs, I'd rather keep using the dialog rather than starting to make changes to the IIS, that may affect other services in your computers.

Hope that makes sense.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable
Author

Thank you.

Well i have to find some way as the document is open inside an ajax methode which resulst in an error.

I am able to open the document if i pass the login information per url:

http://username:password@weqlikviewx64/QvAJAXZfc/opendoc.htm?document=BI/Document.qvw

but it doesn't work with ajax (probably because passing login credentials within the url is an security problem).

Is there a way you don't have pass any login credentials at all?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

You can set your license and authentication to none, should you don't require any authentication/authorization from the users. If that's what you need, check with your QlikTech sales rep in regards to the IAS, because in the EE and SBE Server license editions, licenses need to be assigned to actual users with their corresponding permissions (either AD users or DMS) in the security directory in order to get to the Server, read and open documents.

So in a "normal" environment, you always need to pass credentials on to the Server, but how this happens may be completely transparent from the users client (as it happens with IE properly configured). And the reason for that is that the Server needs to make sure the user accessing has a license and hence, is allowed to see its contents.

I have not tested, but you may create some kind of "proxy portal" that can identify client MACs or IPs and associate them to users. The certificate mapping is probably easier to acomplish and manage, though.

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica