Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

auto reload data using Publisher

Hi

I have license on QlikView Server and QlikView Publisher, but i don't have schedule settings such as Server Settings etc from Configuring-a-reload-schedule.ashx on QV wiki (here was link but i was waiting few hours for moderator approval...)

QVS: 11.20

I tried to make task in QMC but it didn't work. Also i was thinking about windows task scheduler and Reload Data button but i don't know if this solutions are possible to do without installing QlikView Desktop on my Windows Server?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Not sure I understand you correctly, but if you are referrring to that you do not see the tab Reload when you have selected a User Document, then this only available if you do not have a Publisher license. These reload setting a has limited functionality only available for none-licensed customers. With the Publisher license you do the same (and much more) by creating tasks on Source Documents and distribute them into User Documents.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Can you provide complete build number?

What installer of server you use to install it on Windows 2012?

There is separate 2012 Installer available as well. I prefer to use that in case if you are not already using this.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

i use QlikViewServer_Win2012andUp

x64 version

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

This is 11.2 sr5.

Can you try by upgrading to 11.2 sr10.

Let me know if that works.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Not sure I understand you correctly, but if you are referrring to that you do not see the tab Reload when you have selected a User Document, then this only available if you do not have a Publisher license. These reload setting a has limited functionality only available for none-licensed customers. With the Publisher license you do the same (and much more) by creating tasks on Source Documents and distribute them into User Documents.

Not applicable
Author

Ok, i didn't know it, but i tried tasks and i was getting QDSMain.Exceptions.ReloadFailedException -> QDSMain.Exceptions.LogBucketErrorException

And what with Reload button? 

Not applicable
Author

According to Magnus post upgrading have no sense now, am i right?

Not applicable
Author

There is no reload button per say. You create a task and tick the checkbox 'Enable' in section 'Perform Reload' on tab 'Reload'. Then you need setup to distribute the reloaded source document to a User Document. Then run the task.

Regarding the ReloadFailedException you need to provide more detailed info about this.

For example: See this to for getting a document log http://community.qlik.com/message/726474#726474

Not applicable
Author

sry i wasn't enough precise, i mean button made in QlikView Desktop executing Reload action

ok, i have problem with my connection string

error:

ODBC CONNECT*XUserId*

Error: SQL##f - SqlState: IM002, ErrorCode: 0, ErrorMsg: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

i define my mysql driver as ODBC Data Source on my Windows Server, but only as User DSN

when i add the same driver in System DSN,  task is executing without errors, but my report file is empty ('no data to display')

Not applicable
Author

Your must keep Source Documents and User Documents seperated.

Why you have "No data to display" could be because you mixed these up.

User Documents can't not be reloaded by default. Do you see this when you open the script editor?

// Write your script here. Note: Reload is disabled upon distribution. Enable by changing the checkbox at Settings->Document preferences->Security->Reload.