Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phersan_sme
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

creating a task dependent on success of previous task AND a schedule

Scenario:

I have a chain of tasks that are dependent on each other. In other words, a document reloads on the event of a successful reload of the previous document. The entire chain of tasks runs daily at midnight. I want the last document in the chain to be dependent on the previous task BUT run only on Mondays. The rest of the chain would continue to run daily as normal.

I can probably figure something out with partial reloads and put an if statement in the script of the document to check if the system date is a Monday, but I was hoping there would be some kind of setting in the publisher that would allow me to run a task on the success of another task AND a schedule.

Thanks in advance!

Paulo

2 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

How about setting up another dummy task that is scheduled to run only on Mondays. Then make the final task run with the trigger you now have plus name the Monday task as a dependency.

-Rob

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but maybe the dummy task should run every day, and fail on all days except on Monday. Otherwise the dependency will always be fulfilled because every single execution on Monday will be successful and stay like that for the whole week...

Rob's suggestion will work if you configure your document reload to be executed with a trigger of type "On Multiple Events completed". That one has a time constraint for setting dependencies within a specific time period. Two tasks must be executed successfully within say 360 minutes.