cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Huiying
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

how to prevent xxx.qvw.temp?

I get annoyed by our infrastructure people who contact me daily for xxx.qvw.temp files.

I understand these files should be deleted automatically by QlikView, but somehow got 'forgotten'.

But is there a way to prevent them being 'forgotten' by QlikView? 

How do you manage these temp files?

Thank you for your time!

Best regards,

Susan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Huiying
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Sonja

We use QV12.3 SR1 version.

The temp file shows in Source Document folders which is in a shared file server.

I got request almost daily from our IT guys about them...

Best regards,

Susan

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello,

These temporary files should be deleted automatically.

To help you further, the community would need a little more information on this from you:

• What version of QlikView are you running?
  • Where are these temporary files stored? (on what type of drive or share)
  • How frequently are you seeing them not being deleted?

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂
Huiying
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Sonja

We use QV12.3 SR1 version.

The temp file shows in Source Document folders which is in a shared file server.

I got request almost daily from our IT guys about them...

Best regards,

Susan

Josh_Berg_Support

Are your users requesting these temp files for some reason or are they requesting they're deleted?  Sonja_B is correct, this is part of the reload process where the QVW is renamed QVWName.temp once the reload starts, after the reload is completed the file is then renamed back to QVWName.QVW, this is to keep the QVW from getting corrupted during an issue with a reload.  If the QVWName.tmp is sticking around after a reload is completed, a program or process might be interfering with this renaming process such as an anti-virus.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Josh

Qlik Support

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.