Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

install Qlik Server

Good Moring,

my name is Stefania and I'm writing you from Italy.

I'm going to install QlikView Server 10 by my company, I've an important question: Can I try to install QVS on a virtual machine in order to test everything and later re-istall everything an our production machine? I'll lose our license qith the fist installation?

Thank You.

Have a nice day Stefania 🙂

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Yes you can try installing Qlikview Server on virtual machine, but if you want you can directly install on server, in most cases there are no chances of any installation error, if you have followed all the prerequisite for installation. Like Administrator account, .net framework 3.5 or higher is installed.

As far as license is concern, you will not loose if you use it on virtual server, but you have to stop all the qlikview server related services on virtual server before applying the same license on production server.

For errorless installation go through the server installation process.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki   

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Yes you can try installing Qlikview Server on virtual machine, but if you want you can directly install on server, in most cases there are no chances of any installation error, if you have followed all the prerequisite for installation. Like Administrator account, .net framework 3.5 or higher is installed.

As far as license is concern, you will not loose if you use it on virtual server, but you have to stop all the qlikview server related services on virtual server before applying the same license on production server.

For errorless installation go through the server installation process.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki   

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

In addition to what Kaushik say, there is a convenient button in the QlikView Enterprise Management Console, System, Licenses, QlikView Server, "QlikView Server License", that allows you to "Clear License" when you have finished your tests and you want to make sure your license number is available. It's highly recommendable to use this button before starting the production installation to clear all information and avoid conflicts between VM and production server.

Regards,

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable
Author

Thank You very much!

You were really kind

Ciao Stefania