Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dhasharadh
Creator III
Creator III

is it possible export a chart in text format to a specific location in the server..?

we have a table box and which needs to be get exported into text format and that text file have to save in a particular path of the server.

Much appreciate your response.

Regards,

Dash

Labels (2)
10 Replies
dhasharadh
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Can any one reply to the below query please...

@marcus_sommer  or @jagan 

@Anil_Babu_Samineni   Any of you guys please...

it is bit urgent we just want to know whether it is possible or not if possible what is the way to do that...

Please help me. Thanks Much.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

What kind of content you have in PDF?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
dhasharadh
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Much Anil for the quick response,

we generally used to send a report which contains 3 filters and one table box. (in that table box there are 8 fields are added)

Now the new requirement is we have to make  particular selections in these 3 filters and export the first column of that table box (i.e only one field) and that too in a text format it should sent to his email.

is it possible using macros...??

if yes then upto which level it is possible please help us anil.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Let's see If @marcus_sommer or @MarcoWedel will help because I have limited knowledge on macros

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
marcus_sommer

Until now it's quite unclear for me what you are actually doing but it sounds a bit that's a manual process creating and sending the pdf-report. If so you could just apply a similar approach to text-output just by copy & paste the objects directly into a mail or maybe any file.

- Marcus

dhasharadh
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Marcus, 

we have a report with  3 filters and a table box which contains 7 fields in it

( filters like : Name, Year, Month) lets take names are A, B, C etc..

Now the requirement is monthly once (5th of every month) after the reload of the application each filter needs to selected to one particular value(Name : A, Year :2020 , Month : July ) and out of 7 columns in that table chart only first column of the table chart should get exported in text format to a particular folder in the server. (preferably qvw location)

and the name of the file should be like A_timestamp.txt. 

Hope this is possible, can you please help us with suitable macro for this. 

@Miguel_Angel_Baeyens  @Peter_Cammaert   can any of you also look into this please..

Thanks Much in advance.

marcus_sommer

Here is an export-solution for Excel which should for you be a good starting point for such a task. If you searched here in the community for macro & export you will find various examples. Further very useful is to use the APIGuide.qvw which you will find in your install-folder of QlikView by automation.

A maybe easier alternatively might be to create this as a table within the script and then just to store it into your target-folder.

VB-Macro-to-Loop-Field-Dynamic-and-Export-Chart-Dynamic-to-Excel 

- Marcus

dhasharadh
Creator III
Creator III
Author

to a button i have given actions like bookmark and export and able to get what am looking for but while triggering the button below macro is not working from QMC, it is working fine when i reload manually.

Please help me with possible reasons..

Sub Export

ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("BU01").Press

End Sub

Thanks Much  in advance..

MarcoWedel

Hi,

if you really want this export to be interactive instead of just using a store to txt file in the script, then maybe one solution could be the "export" action:

QlikCommunity_Thread_t5_QlikView-Deployment_is-it-possible-export-a-chart-in-text-format-to-a-specific_m-p_1735155_Pic1.PNG

QlikCommunity_Thread_t5_QlikView-Deployment_is-it-possible-export-a-chart-in-text-format-to-a-specific_m-p_1735155_Pic2.PNG

QlikCommunity_Thread_t5_QlikView-Deployment_is-it-possible-export-a-chart-in-text-format-to-a-specific_m-p_1735155_Pic3.PNG

QlikCommunity_Thread_t5_QlikView-Deployment_is-it-possible-export-a-chart-in-text-format-to-a-specific_m-p_1735155_Pic4.PNG

  

QlikCommunity_Thread_t5_QlikView-Deployment_is-it-possible-export-a-chart-in-text-format-to-a-specific_m-p_1735155_Pic5.PNG

  

Note that this solution requires the IE-PlugIn when running in a QV server environment instead of the desktop client.

hope this helps

regards

Marco