Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pankajsi
Contributor
Contributor

named or document license for Qlik View Enterprise Server

Hi All,

I am stuck in a situation where in one of our client has an QlikView Enterprise server and we have to develop some apps for them. Recently they have reached out to us stating that my company would need to procure new Name and Document CAL for working on their server. 

Initially my thought was that, an Enterprise server did allow n number of user to be onboarded for accessing and working on the qlik apps without any additional license cost. 

Need few suggestions and expert opinion here. Thanks in advance.

4 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

I guess your understanding needs clarification.

QlikView Server has Named CAL License for development.

Named CAL - This user is like a super user, which can lease the license on QlikView Desktop and do development.

Having said that, you can do the development with free version of Qlikview Desktop and deploy the final version on Qlikview Server.  But you should also know that, you will not be able to open the Apps created by some other users, using the free version.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
pankajsi
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks @kaushiknsolanki .

Can you please elaborate more on this. 

This is the scenario - 

Qlik View Enterprise Server is available for Prod, Dev and QA. There are 100 Name CAL's and 21 Doc CALS available at present. In case we need more Named and Doc CAL's  what do we need to do ?

A. Check with the admin if more CAL's are available 

B. Procure new CAL's from Qlik 

I really appreciate your help and if any documentation of the same can be referred or shared. 

Thanks,

Pankaj 

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

My Suggestions will be if all your 100 Named CAL's are utilized, then procure new one, else you can assign the available CAL's for the users who would be doing the development.

For procuring the license, you need to connect to your Qlik Partner or Qlik Account Manager.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

No, there are not special license for development that comes with the the Enterprise Server. You will have to lease a license from the server.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.