Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

odbc: error trying to get data from AS400 using a job.

Hi

If I run a qvw manually, I get information from AS400 without problems , but if I run the same qvw using a job in the Publisher , this error appears.

33451322010-09-17 13:54:58NormalInformation
17/09/2010 01:54:58 p.m.: Error: SQL Error:[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default

I don't see the difference in the ODBC between User and System DSN defined in ODBC DATA SOURCE ADMINISTRATOR.

What else should I check? It was functioning before, but it stop working. Does anyone have an idea to solve this connection problem?

Many thanks

9 Replies
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Did you recently change the user that runs the QV Publisher service?

Not applicable
Author

As much as I know nobody changed it. Where or how can I check who is the user running in the QV Publisher service?

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

In the server, go to Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services and look of the services that start with QlikView. In the last column to the right see if there's a user defined to start those services.

If you're using Version 9, you will be most interested in the QlikView Distribution Service and the QlikView Publisher Command Center Service.

Not applicable
Author

We are using version 8.5 . Services are logged on as Local System. Is that ok?

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

There should be no problem if you are just running Publisher on one machine, but you might want to try to run it with Administrator.

If you are working with QV Publisher 64 bits, you might also check that the ODBC that is installed is 64 bits. When you reload it manually, are you using QlikView Developer 32 bit or 64 bit?

Also, double check that the file you manually load correctly is the exact same as the one that QlikView Publisher sees.

Let's see if anybody else has any ideas.

Good luck.

MichaelRobertshaw
Former Employee
Former Employee

I assume you're using the iSeries Access drivers rather than a DB2 driver.

The Access Drivers have additional connectivity details that must be configured before you layer ODBC on top, and my hunch is that these are not present or visible to the System accout that is used when running services as LocalSystem. This can be particularly so for SNA and other non-TCP connections. RACF and other security can be upset by connections from anonymous accounts like LocalSystem - especially when DB2 is configured to perform client-side authenticaton. You're probably using DB/400 though - built in to the AS/400, and a slightly cut-down DB2.

I recommend changing the Publisher Execution Service or QlikView Distribution Service (v9) to run as a real [preferably domain] account. Add that account to ".\QlikView Administrators" group first, then Login as that account to setup the Access connectivity. Test it using QlikView interactively, then using Publisher.

Not applicable
Author

Many thanks MRW 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

in your ODBC data source administrator, do you find your data source under user DSN or System DSN?

I think you should use system DSN, otherwise the date source is only available for your user.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

in your ODBC data source administrator, do you find your data source under user DSN or System DSN?

I think you should use system DSN, otherwise the date source is only available for your user.