Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vishalgoud
Creator III
Creator III

pdf reports generated Qlik apps are not running through QMC, giving warning.... ??

we re trying to generate the PDF reports through QMC and send emails to the users which was worked fine till last month, not much sure what happen later but apps are not running successfully from QMC and PDF reports are not sent to users.

Any thing wrong with SMTP server  ??  is yes how I can check  or re setup SMTP server. ??

I took a dummy app and tried to generate the PDF reports but it is also going to warning mode and no error is the log file...so we are clueless we are going wrong.  please guide us...

Please find the attached image from QMC...

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@vishalgoud,

So both Publisher licenses have the PDF Generation Yes provisioned, then correct, that wouldn't be the root cause of the issue.

If there are no other differences in the LEF than the support to date at the end of the Product Version line, then you won't see any differences in applying the LEF of the new Publisher license.

Suggest you focus on the support article I previously indicated: "Overview of email notification and alerts in QlikView Server, Publisher and Desktop"

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @vishalgoud,

Have you reviewed the task logs for these tasks which generated the warnings? That's the first place to start. If you need assistance interpreting the warnings, please share them in this thread.

vishalgoud
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks much for the reply,

Please find the below Root log. seems like some errors are there, but in the document log no errors found.

Seems like some QDS issue, which am not sure, please have a look into the document and help us with your solution.

Thanks again.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@vishalgoud my comment was that you need to review the task log for the specific task which generated the warning, so in this case - task log for PDF Test run at 11:51:56 on 29.08.2019. The Root log you provided doesn't have any specific information for this task. As you can see from the below snippet

29.08.2019 11:44:21.4807187 Information Trigger detected. Type=Start, Trigger=ManualStartTrigger, State=1;29.08.2019 11:44:21;Triggered;Unhandled, Task=PDF Test
29.08.2019 11:44:32.2581905 Information Failed to delete temporary directories
29.08.2019 11:45:17.9486861 Information Failed to delete temporary directories
29.08.2019 11:46:00.8021608 Information The task "PDF Test" finished successfully
29.08.2019 11:51:56.3752401 Information Trigger detected. Type=Start, Trigger=ManualStartTrigger, State=1;29.08.2019 11:51:56;Triggered;Unhandled, Task=PDF Test
29.08.2019 11:52:08.7877221 Information Failed to delete temporary directories
29.08.2019 11:52:54.5330188 Information Failed to delete temporary directories
29.08.2019 11:53:37.3708934 Information The task "PDF Test" finished successfully 

By default, the task logs are stored in %ProgramData%\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\Log\DateOfTask\NameOfTask. If you have configured the QDS Application Data Folder in a different folder, you can check the location by looking in the QMC > System > Setup > Distribution Services > QDS@ > General tab.

So review that specific task log, checking for warnings. Feel free to search Community about the warnings listed within, as well as post them to this thread.

vishalgoud
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Much Chip matejowsky,

Attaching the log file which I found in the path that you mentioned.

not sure where what is the issue, whether its publisher license which I could c : PRODUCTLEVEL;30;;2016-12-30

or SMTP server issue.

we have an other Qlik server(Azure cloud) and where the publisher license is till 2019 Dec, but when we deploy a dummy app with PDF reports in that server as well, it was not successfully distributing the PDF reports...is it really a publisher issue here...??

and all other setting in the Mail server set up seems to be fine, but when we try to send the test mails we are not able to do...is it indicates the some thing wrong with email server, can we re set up this....??

Thanks Much again.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@vishalgoud ,

The task log you provided shows the below warnings which is why the QMC status shows the task with a Warning

Warning Failed to send mail to ext.dasharath@energy

Warning Distribution reported warnings for resource "PDF Test_MailAttachment_1" (MailAttachmentDistributionResource). Warnings=1

Warning Distribution to resources reported warnings. Warnings: 2

Couple of things to check on what's causing the warning to occur

(1) PDF Generation

In order to generate a QVW as PDF, there needs to be a specific setting, PDF_GENERATION;YES;; in the Publisher LEF. Go to http://lef1.qliktech.com/manuallef/default.aspx and enter the Publisher license to confirm if the PDF_GENERATION;YES;; is present

(2) Mail Server not configured correctly

Refer to the Qlik Support article "Overview of email notification and alerts in QlikView Server, Publisher and Desktop" which discussed configuration of the Mail Server, as well as the distribution of documents as PDF

vishalgoud
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for the reply,

I used the below link that you have given and entered our current publisher license number then It showed a new LEF number which contains the date as 2019-12-31 where as date in our current LEF file is 2016-12-30..

Both my current and latest LEF contains PDF Generation ;YES..so it may not be the reason.

can we replace the current LEF with the latest LEF that generated now...?? is it going to create any problem...??

Thanks again.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@vishalgoud,

So both Publisher licenses have the PDF Generation Yes provisioned, then correct, that wouldn't be the root cause of the issue.

If there are no other differences in the LEF than the support to date at the end of the Product Version line, then you won't see any differences in applying the LEF of the new Publisher license.

Suggest you focus on the support article I previously indicated: "Overview of email notification and alerts in QlikView Server, Publisher and Desktop"