Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pgrs4219
Contributor III
Contributor III

problem with alternate states?

Hi all,

I have a requirement that i need to incorporate alternate states concepts in my application, the problem that i found was if i keep alternate state concept in my list box its grayed out the few of the sub fields and if its in inherited state all the sub fields are good.How to avoid this problem when i use alternate states.please help me here.

Thanks

3 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

The requirement is probably not to incorporate alternate states but to serve user needs.

It's hard to tell what's potentially wrong without knowing these user needs/ business requirements, your data model and chart objects in detail.

Please post a small sample QVW that demonstrates your current data model and UI together with a short description of what the user requires.

pgrs4219
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your reply, my requirement is i have a two comparative chart section, one section of the charts should be in one state and other section in another state.I want display the these charts with the selection of list box .Here my problem is if is put list box in the same state as the first section of the chart,as soon as i assign the state to list box its grayed out the few of its sub fields. How to avoid this,is this the nature of the alternate states or because of the data model.please try to hep me.

Thanks

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Still it would be much easier to help if you could provide a small sample application.

If values of your list box are greyed out, this means these values are excluded from your current selection (in the state the list box is in).