Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dhasharadh
Creator III
Creator III

qmc pdf distribution to email is getting failed with below error.

Hi All, 

all of a sudden our pdf job is getting failed from saturday onwards, we have not done any changes. EMAIL and storage names are the fields in the excel document where we give end users email address along with store name that they want to get pdf. 

Please help me with possible reasons for this error. Thanks in advance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The task "DS_PDF-DS-Tag" failed. Part of the log file follows:

7/13/2021 11:51:50 AM Warning               Searching using "EmailAddress" using parameter "EMAIL" skip because no values were found

7/13/2021 11:51:50 AM Warning               Dynamic distribution returned no recipients using "EmailAddress" using parameter "EMAIL".

7/13/2021 11:52:03 AM Error      Failed to generate QVW File package.. Exception=QDSMain.Exceptions.NoDocumentPackageFoundException: No Document Package found.

at QDSMain.DistributeHelper.GetDocumentPackage(ILogBucket logBucket, IDictionary`2 duplicateList, Document document, eDocumentType documentType, String url, Boolean showToolBar, String reportID, Int32 maxRetries, Int32 currentRetry)

at QDSMain.DistributeHelper.GrabPDFFile(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, FilePackageContainer i_ParentFilePackageContainer, String i_FileName, Dictionary`2 i_DuplicateList, Document i_Document)

7/13/2021 11:52:03 AM Error      The task "DS_PDF-DS-Tag" failed. Exception:

QDSMain.Exceptions.TaskFailedException: Task execution failed with errors to follow. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.LogBucketErrorException: Failed to generate QVW File package.. Exception=QDSMain.Exceptions.NoDocumentPackageFoundException: No Document Package found.

at QDSMain.DistributeHelper.GetDocumentPackage(ILogBucket logBucket, IDictionary`2 duplicateList, Document document, eDocumentType documentType, String url, Boolean showToolBar, String reportID, Int32 maxRetries, Int32 currentRetry)

at QDSMain.DistributeHelper.GrabPDFFile(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, FilePackageContainer i_ParentFilePackageContainer, String i_FileName, Dictionary`2 i_DuplicateList, Document i_Document)

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.RevertOneAndAlwaysOne(Document qvbDocument)

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.ReleaseQvb(Document qvbDocument)

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Distribution(String fileName, DistributionRequest distributionRequest, IExecutingTaskResult executingTaskResult, String repeatVariableName, String currentRepeatVariableValue)

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.PerformExecute(IExecutingTaskResult executingTaskResult)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.PerformExecute(IExecutingTaskResult executingTaskResult)

at QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(CurrentExecutionArgs args)

Labels (1)
5 Replies
dhasharadh
Creator III
Creator III
Author

@Josh_Berg_Support @Brett_Bleess @sunny_talwar  can one any one you pitch in the help me please.

Thanks in advance.

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @dhasharadh, verify that Antivirus exclusions are in place .
Otherwise, this is generally caused by a problem with the PDF printer. 
Up to 12.50 we used to print via an old version of a third-party tool called PDF-Xchange. Previously, I would have told you to reinstall that by following these instructions
However, starting from May 2021, we used Microsoft PDF printer. So, it might be a better idea to upgrade to 12.60 instead (if not on that version already).

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
dhasharadh
Creator III
Creator III
Author

dhasharadh_0-1626334929954.png

Thanks Daniele, 

our Qlikview server is Windows server 2016 data center.

our Qlik version is 12.30 as given above, and i installed the PDF X change in our UAT server and  re started the QLik UAT server, but still issue not resolved. 

and i also excluded the below folders from windows defender in the Qlik UAT server 

• C:\ProgramData\QlikTech
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\QlikView
  • C:\Program Files\QlikView
  • F:\QlikView_Docs -- excluded this as well, as our source and user documents are under this path.

But still the issue is same, Any further pointers to dig pls. 

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

I have noticed now that no email recipient is found, and that might be the reason for the system being unable to generate a package. Worth checking that part, when it comes to dynamic distribution.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
dhasharadh
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Yeah , we have not changed any thing from 4 days, before the last weekend it was working fine and sending the PDF files to our Email.

and we are loading Storage name and Email fields from an excel file, which is located in the right location only. 

I dont see any problem in that area.