Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
craig157
Creator II
Creator II

"Failed to Load" - Qlikview QVW Fail to Open Locally

Hi All,

Running into some problems when other Users are trying to open a file I created.

They all received the 'document ***** failed to load' error.

I have tried renaming it and resending, sent it with reduced data, sent other QVDs that had very basic layouts.

I can still open all these files without any issues.

Any recommendations? 

Labels (5)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
craig157
Creator II
Creator II
Author

We ended up having to create them admin profiles to run the application and now the problem is gone.

Thanks all!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Are you using section access to restrict the data each user can see? If the user is not in the section access table will not be able to open the file.

Also, depending on the size of the app it may open just fine in your computer but not in theirs if they have different (smaller, slower) CPU and RAM.

Finally, do these users have a valid license active in their QlikView Desktop? Note that the free version allows up to 4 changes, after which, you can no longer open QlikView apps until you get a license (leased from a server also works).

craig157
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Miguel,

No section access on this dashboard.

It's a small application so only about 15-20Mb.

They all have a valid license but they are just DocCal assigned to this exact project. 

Or
MVP
MVP

I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think document CALs work for opening a local Qlikview file. It is my understanding that they are strictly for opening a server-side QVW via "Open in Server" or the web client.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

That is correct, it will work with Desktop as a client (Open in Server) but will not having locally the QVW file.

For that it's required either a Named CAL leased from a QlikView Server or a local QlikView Local Client license.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Craig, did the posters get you on the right track here?  If so, please use the Accept as Solution button to mark those posts that helped and so others know what worked.  If not, if you can provide an update, we may be able to give you some further guidance here.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
craig157
Creator II
Creator II
Author

We ended up having to create them admin profiles to run the application and now the problem is gone.

Thanks all!

larara
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to solve this? can you please give me more details? thanks.