Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paul_d_wilson
Contributor II
Contributor II

/r not working in command prompt

Hi,

I have recently upgraded from QV11.2 in Windows 8 server to QV12.2 on a Windows 12 server and have noticed that a task created in the task scheduler is no longer working.

The code that worked previously in the command prompt is -> "C:\Program Files\QlikView\qv.exe" /r /NoSecurity "E:\QlikView\10.Production\99.Data Generators\8.MasterData\MD05_Gen_Customer_SOL.qvw"

If i change the /r to /l, this opens and loads the report, but with the /r in the command prompt, QV opens and the script Execution Progress box opens with a started and ended time being the same and an Elapsed time of 00:00:00 and this stays open until the close button is manually selected

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Albert_Candelario

Hi Paul,

Please, be aware of the article https://support.qlik.com/articles/000047579 and check if your version is one of the affected ones.

Kind regards!
Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer

View solution in original post

10 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, have you checked if it's returning an error? maybe something that doesn't returns an error like a mapping that does not exists: in older versions it was ignored, newer versions returns an error.

paul_d_wilson
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Rubenmarin,

The reports run fine.  they run each night in the QMC no problem, however when i try and run them within the command line, it doesn't run.

The reports seem fine, its running them via a Windows Command Script via the Task Scheduler that they don't work.

Thank you for your response.

Paul

rubenmarin

Hi Paul, usually that behaviour leads to permission issue, like the task is executed with credentials different than the one running the service.

You can try logging to the computer with the user executing the task and run from desktop to try to capture the error.

paul_d_wilson
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Rubenmarin,

I have tried running the command manually via the command prompt with the /r and it doesn't run, but if i run it with /l the process runs, but i have to close the report, before the next one begins.

Is there a log somewhere that would show me the error with permissions?

Thanks

Paul

Albert_Candelario

Hi Paul,

Please, be aware of the article https://support.qlik.com/articles/000047579 and check if your version is one of the affected ones.

Kind regards!
jaibau1993
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi @Albert_Candelario :

I have exactly the same problem described in this issue. I tried to access the link you posted but it leads to a "Page not found" so I don't know how to (try to) solve it. Could you please help me?

Regards,

Jaime.

Albert_Candelario

Thanks to let us know. We will have a look.

Best regards,

Albert

Albert_Candelario

Hello @jaibau1993 ,

The article makes reference to an issue that should have been fixed in the recent versions, what version do you use?

Thanks in advance!

paul_d_wilson
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Albert,

we are currently using 12.2.

the issue has been resolved. Thanks for your time

Paul

Paul