Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vemaviro
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

trigger task on schedule if queued task is canceled

Hi,

I have a reload task  A that is scheduled to run daily on given time.

Is it possible to create a task B that launches at given time but only if task A failed earlier on the same day? The task also must be able to detect cases where task A is canceled due to being queued long enough to time out. Other failures are also acceptable conditions as long as the task triggers on scheduled time.

I'd also like to know whether the "task failed" trigger can detect canceled tasks or does it only see tasks that are actually launched before they fail? Note that this does not fit my actual use case as the triggered task B must launch at certain time, not immediately as task A fails.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

There is a way, but it is not very pretty I am afraid.  The best of which I can think given the Dependency settings only check on Successful, thought we might be able to use that checking for the failure, but that is not possible unfortunately, so the only other thing of which I can think is when that first task fails, have that kick off a Pause task that runs for the amount of time you need before you want to run the secondary task to actually run things in that case.  Only workaround of which I can think.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

There is a way, but it is not very pretty I am afraid.  The best of which I can think given the Dependency settings only check on Successful, thought we might be able to use that checking for the failure, but that is not possible unfortunately, so the only other thing of which I can think is when that first task fails, have that kick off a Pause task that runs for the amount of time you need before you want to run the secondary task to actually run things in that case.  Only workaround of which I can think.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.