Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maheshn
Contributor
Contributor

unable to configure LDAP

Hi Experts,

I am trying to configure LDAP in QlikView Publisher under DSC service, while configuring I am getting below

timeout error, Please suggest me the process I need to follow for the LDAP configuration.

Thanks,

Mahesh

16 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hello @maheshn,

Suggest you review the Qlik Support article "DSC Cluster did not respond to request. Last exception (for http://<servername>:4730/DSC/Service): T...".

The issue is likely occurring due to the large amount of data being transferred between Source Directory, the Directory Service Connector (DSC), and the QlikView Management Service (QMS). The article will walk you through the steps necessary to lengthen the timeout value.

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
maheshn
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi@Chip_Matejowsky ,

Thanks for your valuable reply,

I am working on a requirement where I need to configure LDAP for new organization folks, currently LDAP was configured for current org and I need to add LDAP for new org users,

I am having Server name, User name and password, does wrong user name or password will cause this issue? as well do I need to configure AD in this scenario?

Thanks,

Mahesh

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@maheshn,

The screen capture you provided indicates that a timeout is occurring between the DSC and QMS, so would need to first lengthen the timeout value as described in the article I referenced. So do this first and then let's see what occurs.

maheshn
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello@Chip_Matejowsky ,

Sure, I will increase timeout value as described in article, only question I am having now is when I am testing this LDAP configuration the DSC service in qmc is showing like down and not responding but in services it is in running state only.

Please see attached screenshot.

Thanks,

Mahesh

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@maheshn,

That means that the DSC service cannot communicate with the QMS service. Suggest you follow the article and lengthen the timeout value as described. After restarting the DSC service if you still have issue of the QMC showing the DSC as down, review the QMS logs for errors regarding the DSC. If you have questions about the errors, post them in this thread.

maheshn
Contributor
Contributor
Author

@Chip_Matejowsky 

As mentioned in article I have lengthen the timeout value to 60 and later 120 seconds in QMS and DSC configuration file, after lengthen timeout I tried to configure LDAP and there is no luck I am getting same timeout error.

In Directory Service connector- Configure LDAP I  have given below Path,Username,password.

Path= LDAP://10.11*.***.**:32**/dc=mydomain,dc=com(do I need to provide server name in the place of IP address)

User Name: CN=***,OU=Service,OU=Users,OU= mydomain,DC= mydomain,DC=com

Password:

After clicking apply button few seconds later getting timeout error then DSC is showing like ‘not responding’ Please see attached log and screenshot,

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

If you're still receiving the orange banner for the DSC service, then you have a misconfigured Configurable LDAP for  the directory service provider.

See the online help for Configurable LDAP directory service provider

See also the Qlik Support articles:

If you still need assistance, then suggest you reach out to Qlik Support for direct assistance.

maheshn
Contributor
Contributor
Author

@Chip_Matejowsky 

Thanks for the help, a final question do I need to modify any config settings before configuring LDAP in  QMC? do I need to setup Active directory for LDAP setup?

looks like I am missing simple thing.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @maheshn,

If your organization uses Active Directory as its user directory, the AD directory service provider is a simple configuration within the QMC.

See the online help here: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/QMC/Content/QV_QMC/QMC_System_Setup_Direct...

In QMC > System > Setup > Directory Services Connector > DSC@ > Active Directory, enter the correct path and if the service account doesn't have permissions to access AD, enter a username/password who does.