Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pavanpatha
Contributor III
Contributor III

uninstall and re-install Governance dashboard

Hi,

I am facing issues while reloading the governance dashboard. Its prompting me as "Error in hidden script". All the file paths, profiles paths are appropriate. Can you suggest me on how to reinstall this? I don't see Governance dashboard appearing in Add/Remove programs under control panel. This is not a cluster environment. QlikView Server and desktop, all are installed on same machine.

Any suggestions?

7 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Pavan  - i see governance dashboard in my add/remove programs below.   Which version do you have ? ( i have 1.1 SR1 installed)

Capture.PNG

pavanpatha
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I have installed version 1.1 SR1 installed. unfortunately its not appearing in Add/Remove programs. Any suggestions please?

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

It seems like a  strange situation.  Were there any problems with the install ?

If you go to this folder do you actually see the .dlls for gov dashboard ?  I'm wondering if its installed properly.. you may be able to just install it overtop.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\QlikTech\Custom Data\QlikViewGovernanceConnector

Capture.PNG

pavanpatha
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Jonathan for prompt reply. unfortunately,I don't see any such folder path in my machine. I have searched for GovernanceConnector in entire system but no luck. Can I re run the setup file to install this again? will it work?

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

If you performed the install (using the same windows logon) then try it again and ensure you are an administrator on the machine.  Keep an eye on the installation and post any strange issues , errors etc...

pavanpatha
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Not its not installed by same login. However, I am an user of Admin group and could see other QlikView softwares installed ( Qlikview server, Desktop) on this machine but not governance Dashboard.

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

As Jonathan states, the Governance Dashboard must be installed on any server where it might be reloaded.

During the installation process, the installer adds the qlikviewgovernanceconnector.exe to the folder described above.  Without that connector, the GovDB will not reload -- you might see the error statement including

Used QVConnect: C:\Program Files\QlikView\QvConnect64.EXE

That will fail (QvConnect64.exe is the 'fall-back' connector).