Qlik Community

Ask a Question

QlikView Administration

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Management.

Announcements
Live chat with experts, bring your API Integration questions. June 15th, 10 AM ET. REGISTER TODAY
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

what is the format of my useraccount based on hidden user accounts in Active directory?

Hi,

I am trying to distribute a report (pdf) with the publisher, if I look at the Distribute manualy tab and open Distribute by Email, the left side (results) is empty, if i type *productie* i get the entry visible : PRODUCTIE$, behind this I think all my company users are listed but it seems to be secured or hidden ($) ??

If I hoover over the name PRODUCTIE$  i get somehting like hrc/productie$

I want to know the formatting of the useraccount in order to use the Loop field in document which i want to poplulate with my end user,

for example PROD\ABC123

I am also struggeling which check user identity on to select, I think I need the UserPrincipalName,but not sure.

I hope someone can help me out?

Kind regards,

Linda Monincx

1 Reply
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Linda,

Although there is a more extensive explanation on the different AD fields here, UPN is used when the form that the user must provide to authenticate is like user@domain whilst sAMAccountname is the user less than 20 characters length used in authentications like DOMAIN\USERNAME. The field that corresponds to DOMAIN is NETBIOSDomainName

Hope that helps.

Miguel