Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
helen_pip
Creator III
Creator III

0 values being regarded as Null values

Dear Qlikview User

I am loading in an excel spreadsheet which can contain 0 values in my Numertor field. I want to the dataset to contain 0 values

It seems as though my QVW is reagrding 0 values as Null, and was wondering if someone knew a nifty formula which regards  0 values as an interger

Kind Regards

Helen

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

You are using a calculated dimension in your chart which says If(TB_Show_On_Overview = 1..... Check the below image

Capture.PNG

Why do you need this if condition? Not sure I understand this..

View solution in original post

9 Replies
sunny_talwar

Is this for a specific chart or are you seeing this in a table box view? If this is for a chart, may be you need to uncheck 'Suppress Zero Value' on the presentation tab to see 0s

Frank_Hartmann
Master II
Master II

this might be helpful:

Re: How to show null values as zero?

helen_pip
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hello Sunny

Thank you for your suggestion, but it does not appear to solve my problem. I have attached a QVW which outlines the problem.  I am loading in data which contains either:

-            = No data available Yet

0              Genuine 0 value

Value        Genuine value

My expression is written to try and ignore the Null values and show the first value which is not a Null, which in this instance is displayed as a - in the data set

I am trying to display a sum of 1 (TB_Numerator) in the "Latest Month" column in the table, but my expression appears to be ignoring all the other values and opting to show data for 02/01/2016

Are you able to provide any assistance

Kind Regards

Helen

helen_pip
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you for your suggestion, but it does not appear to solve my problem. I have attached a QVW which outlines the problem.  I am loading in data which contains either:

-            = No data available Yet

0              Genuine 0 value

Value        Genuine value

My expression is written to try and ignore the Null values and show the first value which is not a Null, which in this instance is displayed as a - in the data set

I am trying to display a sum of 1 (TB_Numerator) in the "Latest Month" column in the table, but my expression appears to be ignoring all the other values and opting to show data for 02/01/2016

Are you able to provide any assistance

Kind Regards

Helen

sunny_talwar

You are using a calculated dimension in your chart which says If(TB_Show_On_Overview = 1..... Check the below image

Capture.PNG

Why do you need this if condition? Not sure I understand this..

Frank_Hartmann
Master II
Master II

Also have a look here:

Expression in List Box

Null as zero

hope this helps

helen_pip
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hello Sunny

This field is just a flag set to a 1 or a 0, as there will be two pages to my final presentation. On the overview page I only want to show 3 metrics, but when the end user navigates to a different page, all metrics will be shown. This field is controlling what the user sees as the overview page

Kind Regards

Helen

helen_pip
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Damn that's it!  I hadn't completed the entire column.  I have made the change and now it is showing accurately

sunny_talwar

Superb... I am glad you finally figured it out on your own....