Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hschultz
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

1 Dimension from 2 Criteria

Hi guys

I hope you can assist me. I have an issue where we would like to use 1 Dimension with an Expression, but there is another dimension as a factor.

Please see the attached QVW to understand the scenario.

In the end we would like to have a Straight Table, with the calculations, but excluding the 2nd dimension needed to get the correct values. In this example specifically, I need Dimension = Customer and Expression = Rate x Time.

I have tried even using a pivor table, but that also gives me the wrong info.

So the 2 questions are:

1. Can i use a Straight Table with 1 Dim only when i need the other?

2. How do i change the totaling of my Rate x Time in the pivot table? (Not sure if aggr is the correct use here as it doesn't seem to be working)

If anyone can assist please. Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Skärmklipp.GIF

Try normalizing the rates table and creating a concatenated key consisting of Product and possision.

See my edit to your sample example

Message was edited by: Vegar Arntsen, Lie Added picture.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Not applicable

ok let me make sure i understand you problem. so even if you just have 1 dimension you want to see ableton 2 times and so on right?? what version of qv are you using?

regards,

MT

hschultz
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

No. It is exactly the oposite. I want to see Ableton only once. But my caculation needs to work out in the same way as if there were position included as a second dimension

Not applicable

ok so what should be you result then for ableton?? cause right now you sum everything up

Vegar
MVP
MVP

Skärmklipp.GIF

Try normalizing the rates table and creating a concatenated key consisting of Product and possision.

See my edit to your sample example

Message was edited by: Vegar Arntsen, Lie Added picture.

hschultz
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

That is definately the result i'm looking for...

So if I get this straight, what you have done is

create a Cross Table of rates, then created a new link on Product & Position for both tables?

It's actually so much simpler than i had expected...

Vegar
MVP
MVP

Precisely. Happy to help.

Make sure to exclude the [Product] and [Position] in the rates table to avoid synthetic keys.

hschultz
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Yes thank you. I have actually added them, but just renamed to make sure there's no syn's