Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

1 chart two expression from different data sources

Hello,

Quick Question, I have two data sets that have nothing to do with each other and way different columns, but I want to use both in a stacked chart as percentages, I just want their result percentage values of each expression stacked on top of each other, so 1 chart ,two data sets, 2 expressions, stack the percentages on top of each other.  Qlikview charts wont let me becuase the dimension would only apply to one expression and not both, breaking the chart.

IS there some way to put a condition on a dimension to only apply to a particular expression?

I've done this before by creating 20+ variables for each situation on one data set, then and using those against the other data set in an expression, but that won't work in this case, way to many cases. 

Does any one know how to include two data sets in one bar chart, without breaking it due to the dimension not applying to both?

Thanks ahead of time

13 Replies
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

The second expression, what you want to see? All values of each dimension for first expression should be equal?

Not applicable
Author

What to see would be a stacked chart with one section being the first expression, the other section of hte stacked chart would be the second expression, but the dimension can only apply to one data set , not both...

All values of each dimension would not be equal no, and I'm aggregating on them anyway, the reslut is a percentage %.

Not applicable
Author

Something like if(Expression = Expression A, Dimension 1, if(Expression = Expression B, Dimension 2))

I want this to be my dimension if possible or something like it, I would like to utilize two dimensions in a bar chart, based on the expression, mine having 2 expressions

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

‌try mocking your chart up you want to see in paint or excel and post here I think it will help people to see an example.

Not applicable
Author

Yes. Please provide a mock up. Sir.

Not applicable
Author

tempchartlossratio.png

Not applicable
Author

Can you create a dummy column on both tables so you can join them?

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

‌thanks for the mockup can you add your axis to it.  How you expect it to behave.   I like the suggestion cooker has made to add a new column to join your tabl

Kushal_Chawda

what is the dimension of the chart. Is your dimension available in both data set?