Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

$_1 – next selection (SET ANALYSIS)

Hello,
I started doing some more practicing/research on Set Analysis and I read about "$_1 – next selection". When is it applicable to use? Have you got any example or any orther wat so I can practice??
Thank you!!!
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

I worked on an example just for understanding purposes. Do some selections and use the back key multiple times to see how each of the 5 charts react differently to different expression.

PFA

Best,

Sunny

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi @luri raposo

Check the attached file this has complete reference about set analysis

Not applicable
Author

Hi Navven,

Thanks for your answer, but the document that you attached hasnt answered my question, I have other documents regarding set analysis and they only show one expression with $_1 but not a real example in a real situation which I can do by myself.

Not applicable
Author

hi

i posted a link that show your actual usage of the expression for set analysis you can try this

Set Analysis Wizard for QlikView | qlikblog.at

you can try this expression in your data

=Sum({$_1}Sales)

Colin-Albert

I have never found a need to use $_1, $_2 etc !

Am I missing something?

sunny_talwar

I worked on an example just for understanding purposes. Do some selections and use the back key multiple times to see how each of the 5 charts react differently to different expression.

PFA

Best,

Sunny

Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much Sunindia!!!

sunny_talwar

Not a problem. In fact thank you for encouraging me to work on the sample. I myself used this for the first time since I never came across a scenario where I would use this.

Best,

Sunny