Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

100% stacked bar chart.

Hi,

I have a query on how to create a 100% stacked graph. I would like to present the graph so that it reaches the top of the Y axis for all categories.

I would like the bars to be to the same height so it is possible to get an idea of the relative percentages of categories.

I have attached the .qvw, with a representation of what I want to achieve.

I have tried changing some of the axis properties, but without any luck.

Many thanks,

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

You don't need to adjust chart properties, you just need to adjust your expressions. You want to use your current expressions, but then divide by the TOTAL for the first dimension.

Try:

Count ([Student Count]) /
Count (TOTAL <[Entry College Code of Student]> [Student Count])

That should give you the percentage of Students per type for each Entry college.

Not applicable
Author

Your calculation works like a charm. I have an additional question. When I select "Values on Data Points" the result is 100% on top of the bar chart instead of the individual slices. Any suggestions?

gajapathy74
Creator II
Creator II

Stacked bar chart will show 100% on top of the bar chart. if you want to show individual slices use mekko chart.

Refer: http://community.qlik.com/message/244545

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

In the Chart properties, presentation tab tick the "plot values inside segments" checkbox.