cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
guillaume_gorli
Creator II
Creator II

12 month rolling data

Here is a question that has probably already been asked although i did not find any accurate answer.

i am trying to build from a sales database a sales chart showing last 12 month sum up based on month selected.

Test Database looks like this :

Capture.JPG

So i would like to get from an expression the last 12 month based on the month and year selected.

i also need to add on the chart the same data but for the previous year so that on the same line i have Month sales as well as M-12 sales.

So, for instance, if February 2015 is selected, the output should be :

Capture.JPG

Attached is a sample app for the ones who want to help.

Thanks

Guillaume

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Check enclosed file...

View solution in original post

6 Replies
guillaume_gorli
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks Manish for the link. I had a look but it does not seem to be what i am looking for.

i am not looking a way to determine the sum of the last twelve month but a way to show the sum of the last twelve period separately.

For example, as i understand, the link you posted would help me to get below data for February 2015 as date selection :

Capture.JPG

Although what i am looking for is slightly different (see below) :

Capture.JPG

So if a period is selected, what i need is a simple sum of the last twelve period as well as, thanks to a second expression, the same data for the previous 12 month period.

Thus in the chart, Feb 2015 Sales are 19 shown on the same line as Feb 2014 sales which are 23.

Guillaume

guillaume_gorli
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Any clue ?

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Check enclosed file...

guillaume_gorli
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks a lot Manish. That will help me a lot.

Guillaume

hubertdudek
Contributor III
Contributor III