Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hakim-A
Creator
Creator

2d dimension disappeared QV11 --> QV12

Hello Qlik community,

I am back from my holidays and I've seen Qlikview 12 installed on our machines.

I opened a report I created (that is also published on an AccessPoint) and I've noticed some changes that I cannot correct

My graph initially with QV11 :

became in QV12

It seems that my second dimension "chassis" has gone (you can see on the right, there is no legend for this variable, but it should be)

This is really strange because both reports are the same (same formulas same data source).

I've tried several options but still I have this issue. Is it specific to QV12 ? Is there a way to go back to the preivous display ?

Any help ?

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

8 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be aggregation issue, Would you share expressions in notepad for that. I know you have many expression. Will try with one expression if it works then may be will look others

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Hakim-A
Creator
Creator
Author

Here is the only formula I use as expression

=sum(Aggr(max(counter),date,chassis,desc))

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is desc a dimension?

Try renaming it, could be that QV12 recognizes this as a structured parameter...

Hakim-A
Creator
Creator
Author

desc is a string variable and not used as a dimension.

The only dimension I use in this graph are

day

chassis

I have renamed it "description" and the issue remains

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why do you use a variable as dimension within aggr()?!?!?

How is desc defined?

Hakim-A
Creator
Creator
Author

Because I want to display

per day and per chassis

the maximum value of "counter" for all selected desc

if only 1 desc (desc stands for description) is selected then it is easy but if we select 2 desc I need the sum of counter per day and per chassis for these 2 desc

That is why I put desc in aggr function but maybe I was wrong doing it.

Thank you for your help

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hm, I don't have your data, perhaps

=sum(Aggr(max(counter),date,chassis))

works.

Hakim-A
Creator
Creator
Author

I've noticed something.

It has to do with the fact that my axis (day) is continuous - if I remove it it works BUT my axis is not continuous anymore and I want to keep it continuous.

Any idea ?