Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

32 bit outperforming 64 bit by factor of 2-3

I have been doing some benchmarking between the 32 and 64 bit versions of QV, and have found a significant discrepancy in performance for a Pivot Table calc times, which I think may force us to use the 32 bit server if a better solution cannot be found. I am running QV 9 SR3 Build 7440

I suspect that we're doing something funky that most other QV users aren't doing (i.e. large expressions with conditional logic containing set expressions. Interestingly I've separately tested with two different expressions: one dealing with averages (i.e. floating point operations) and the second with only counts and sums (i.e. integer operations).

I should also point out that until SR3 came out, this code didn't work at all in the 64 bit version, so I wonder if my suboptimal performance is related to this patched bug.

I've pasted the Pivot Table dimension definitions below (the first 5 dimensions are primary [i.e. rows], and the 6th dimension is secondary [i.e. columns]).

If anyone has any ideas I'm all ears

Dimensions:

ORG1_MemberName1
=if($(CurOrgLevel) >= 2, ORG1_MemberName2)
=if($(CurOrgLevel) >= 3, ORG1_MemberName3)
=if($(CurOrgLevel) >= 4, ORG1_MemberName4)
=if($(CurOrgLevel) >= 5, ORG1_MemberName5)
=$(PdRollupField)

Variables:

CurOrgLevel = 2
PdRollupField = PD1_PeriodName2
PdResp1 = {<SG1_path=,ORG1_path=,ORG1_level={1},ORG1_MemberName1={'Acme Co'}>}
PdResp2 = {<SG1_path=,ORG1_path=,ORG1_level={1},ORG1_MemberName2={'Montana','Idaho','Nevada'}>}
PdResp3 =
PdResp4 =
PdResp5 =

Current Selections:

SG1_path = 'Question 1'
PD1_path = 96 of 296
ORG1_path = NOT 'Acme Co'

Chart Expression:

If(dimensionality()=5 AND $(CurOrgLevel) >= 5,
count($(PdResp5) distinct FT_ResponseId)
if(dimensionality()=4 AND $(CurOrgLevel) >= 4,
sum($(PdResp4) aggr(count($(PdResp4) distinct FT_ResponseId), ORG1_MemberName4, $(PdRollupField)))
if(dimensionality()=3 AND $(CurOrgLevel) >= 3,
sum($(PdResp3) aggr(count($(PdResp3) distinct FT_ResponseId), ORG1_MemberName3, $(PdRollupField)))
if(dimensionality()=2 AND $(CurOrgLevel) >= 2,
sum($(PdResp2) aggr(count($(PdResp2) distinct FT_ResponseId), ORG1_MemberName2, $(PdRollupField)))
if (dimensionality()=1 AND $(CurOrgLevel) >= 1,
sum($(PdResp1) aggr(count($(PdResp1) distinct FT_ResponseId), ORG1_MemberName2, $(PdRollupField)))
)
)
)
)
)

0 Replies