Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reanfadyl
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

4 Column Table Chart from 2 Column Source Data?

Hi Folks,

I am trying to turn a 2 Column source table, into a 4 column chart in the following layout.  The number of columns in the output table will vary according to selections.  The reason is to use the chart in a PDF report that can be used to print labels, on preformatted sticker sheets.

Any ideas?

2to4Chart.png

Thanks in advance

Rean

5 Replies
Not applicable

You can create two charts and place them side by side.

i dont think it is possible to split tables in Qlik

reanfadyl
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Yes, two charts would do it.  But how would the charts know which records to include?

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You will need twp charts. You can then use calculated dimensions in the the following pattern to select the values for each table:

=Aggr(If(Rank(-<...expression...>) <= 5, <...dimension...>), <...dimension...>)

=Aggr(If(Rank(-<...expression...>) > 5 And Rank(-<...expression...>) <= 10, <...dimension...>), <...dimension...>

The ranking will allow for selection of some records in one table and some in another. You could rank by any attribute in your data, just insert he field name as the expression

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
reanfadyl
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Could the rank value be variable based on the number of rows selected?  The sample was really just to show the layout I was after.  It is going to be in the thousands of records.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Yes, you would need  to work out the logic, but just replace the 5 and the 10 literals with expressions to calculate the numbers.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein