Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dineshsingh
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

80/20 Analysis in Bar Chart

Hi All,

I've to create a bar chart as shown in the image below:

Untitled.png

As displayed the bar chart is county wise. In each bar I have two slice of it: one of these slices will show "No. of customers who're contributing to 80% of sales" while other slice will show remaining customers.

Here, I could not find a working expression which can fulfill my requirement. I tried to search on community but unable to find any working solution.

Edit: I've attached the sample data application.

Any suggestions will be really helpful for me

Regards,

Dinesh

Message was edited by: Dinesh Singh

11 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Digvijay‌, thanks for mentioning my blog.

I'm not too sure if my method can be used here. It depends on the nature of the question. Since the required chart is plotted by Country, two possible questions can be asked here:

1. In each country, how many customers make up 80% of total Sales in the same country?

or

2. How many customers in each country belong to the global group of customers that make up 80% of my total sales globally.

Using the method that I described in my blog, we can answer the second question, but we can't answer the first question. At the moment, I can't think of a solution that would work well for the first question.

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

QlikView Your Business: An expert guide to Business Discovery with QlikView and Qlik Sense

Digvijay_Singh

Thanks troyansky‌ for clarifying on this, I guess first question is asked here.

dineshsingh‌ Please confirm.