A big Problem that I could not solve

Hi,

I have a inventory movements table with the following structure:

itemid     description     qty     datefinancial     datephysical

a               aaaa               1     01/01/2013     31/12/2012

a               aaaa               2     01/01/2013     31/12/2012

a               aaaa               -1    01/02/2013     31/01/2013

b               bbbb               2     01/01/2013     31/12/2012

In a tab I have a chart about the sales, in this section i'm using datefinancial. All the transactions are controlled with a date slider from datefinancial...another tab controlls the inventory, that are controlled by datephysical, and here is where i have the  problems.

If i'm analysing the sales mixed with the inventory from an special itemid, if I'm using the datefinancial, the inventory is being calculated with this financialdate. But I want to be calculated from datephysical...

well, i'm not sure if it's very good explained, but I need help urgently, because im'm becoming crazy.

Thanks

Eduard

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Let's see if I understand you correctly. In one chart you want to make selections in datefinancial with a slider. But in another chart you want to ignore the selections in datafinancial and instead use selections in datephysical. If that's correct then you can try using alternate states (if you're using QV11) or use set analysis expressions.

With alternate states you can create an alternate state for each chart. Selections in one alternate state apply only to objects assigned to that alternate state. You can create alternate states on the General tab of the document properties window.

In set analysis expressions you can overrule selections in a field. So for one chart you could use sum({<datephysical=>} qty) and for the other sum({<datefinancial=>} qty).

datephysical= means ignore any selections in datephysical. You'd use this for the first chart which you want to calculate using datefinancial.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable

Hi ,

Try to use Set Analysis in the Inventory Tab  .

Sum({<financialdate=>} Sales)

Please reply me for the same .

//yusuf

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Let's see if I understand you correctly. In one chart you want to make selections in datefinancial with a slider. But in another chart you want to ignore the selections in datafinancial and instead use selections in datephysical. If that's correct then you can try using alternate states (if you're using QV11) or use set analysis expressions.

With alternate states you can create an alternate state for each chart. Selections in one alternate state apply only to objects assigned to that alternate state. You can create alternate states on the General tab of the document properties window.

In set analysis expressions you can overrule selections in a field. So for one chart you could use sum({<datephysical=>} qty) and for the other sum({<datefinancial=>} qty).

datephysical= means ignore any selections in datephysical. You'd use this for the first chart which you want to calculate using datefinancial.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand