Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

A replacement for DisableF1Help with QV11 OCX?

Greetings.

We use the OCX, and used to use the DisableF1Help to prevent the user from accessing the QV help using F1 (I also think it used to stop the button help from working, too?).  But this functionality was removed with QV10.  We didn't notice at the time, but it's come up again.  In particular, if the user clicks on the Help button in the Add Bookmark dialog, the OCX throws an error that the file is not found.  We also get a "Failed to launch help" message if the user presses F1 after focusing on anything other than a chart or listbox on the screen.  Very annoying.

Is anyone aware of an equivalent to disable QV help calls, or at least to direct them to a valid help file?  The most recent OCX Reference Manual describes an OnHtmlHelp, but we can't seem to get that to work, either.

I've dug through all of the documentation I can find, but I'm not having any luck.  Is anyone else dealing with this (better than us?).

Thanks.

0 Replies