Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shyamcharan
Creator III
Creator III

AD and LDAP vs QlikView

Hi Experts,

I had a few questions raised by my client on the AD & LDAP vs Qlikview.

Can someone please help me answering them. I am not quiet sure on them as its been a very short while I started working on QlikView.

--Is there settings somewhere and point to the domain controllers for LDAP ?

--or does it actually snyc users across and store its own database of users?

--How AD works with Qlikview? 

--I saw that you had a screen opened with the currently licensed users, can someone explain how 'currently licensed users' works with regard to AD?

Regards,

Shyam.

4 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

HI,

shyamcharan wrote:

--Is there settings somewhere and point to the domain controllers for LDAP ?

--or does it actually snyc users across and store its own database of users?

Yes there is, Go to QEMC --> System --> Setup -->Directory service Connector --> Configurable LDAP.

This is the place wherein you can configure your LDAP

Qlikview just read users it does not stores anywhere

shyamcharan wrote:

--How AD works with Qlikview? 

--I saw that you had a screen opened with the currently licensed users, can someone explain how 'currently licensed users' works with regard to AD?

Qlik Supports AD Out of the box. Once configures AD you can use any active directory account you wish to get it licensed with Qlikview.

Regards

ASHFAQ

shyamcharan
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you very much Ashfaq.

Can you please provide more information on the below. My appologies for these basic questions.

--AD out of box?

-- The users are in a different domain than the server… so the question is how does the server recognize who the users are when they log in?

---As I read it in another thread/forum, can I say QlikView is AD Integrated, is there a setting somewhere that says, for example, all domain users have access or all users in these groups can access specific things?

Thanks heaps in advance.

Regards,

Shyam

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

shyamcharan wrote:

T

Can you please provide more information on the below. My appologies for these basic questions.

--AD out of box?

-- The users are in a different domain than the server… so the question is how does the server recognize who the users are when they log in?

For this two approaches

1) to create trust between two domain.

2) use 11.2 sr8 or greater that supports cross domain authentication

---As I read it in another thread/forum, can I say QlikView is AD Integrated, is there a setting somewhere that says, for example, all domain users have access or all users in these groups can access specific things?

All you have to do is setup your AD credentials in the below location

Go to QEMC --> System --> Setup -->Directory service Connector --> Active Directory.

You can distribute application to group. But for cal allocation you have to assign it user insted of group.

As cal allocation to group is not supported.

Hope it helps.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable

Hi Ashfaq,

Our Server is EE version 11.20.12018.0 (11.2 SR3), the server is in one domain (enterprise) and a user from different domain (finance) who wants to access the dashboard in enterprise domain. Almost all the users we have is from the same domain as the server except one user from different domain.

so basically for domain the LDAP Path we already have is {for example: LDAP://enterprise.corp.com} in QMC\System\Setup\Directory Service Connectors\Active Directory and adding the user domain as LDAP://finance.corp.com. We are setting up the cross domain trust but once it's done, can the user (finance domain) be able to access the dashboard in enterprise domain with 11.2 SR3 ?.

Does 11.2 SR3 supports this feature? And from version qlikview supports this feature ? If no, what are the options that we can set up for this user to access the dashboard.

Any suggestions will be much helpful. Thank you!